Thursday 2 January 2014

What I will miss - Day trips

I am currently still in my home town of Cape Town, South Africa and thought that I'll start a little series on things that I will miss when I leave at the end of the month. I thought to do this in installments because there is absolutely no way I could pick just a few things :)

This past weekend my family and I took a mini road trip to a sea side town called Hermanus. The town is only about 45 minutes out of Cape Town and its famous for its whale spotting and its whale festival. I'm not going to miss the town because I don't have much connection to it but I will miss the spontaneous day trips that my family and I take. It is so magical that I live in a place that you can be out of the hustle and bustle of the city in under and hour and into the tranquil sites of small towns dotted around the area. Even though I have never been overseas, I still think that Cape Town is the most beautiful place in the world and I am so grateful that I get to call it home :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment